Monday, March 14, 2011

Observing Lent

For those of you who do not know I am Catholic and Lent has begun.  With Lent you are supposed to give something up but for the life of me I could not think of anything to give up.  I have done everything before so as I am racking my brain and  it dawns on me that maybe instead of giving something up I should work on giving up more of myself.

I have been saying if for a few months that my faith is really growing with each passing day.  I find myself praying more and more throughout the day and I truly feel my love and faith growing that I just get so excited.  I am not saying that I am perfect because the Lord knows that couldn't be further from the truth.  I am just trying to become a better me and a better follower of Christ. 

Matthew 7:24
"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

0 comments: