Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Andrew Updates

I am looking forward to the coming weeks.  Why you ask?  Well this weekend Andrew starts T-Ball and I am super excited about that.  He has been talking about it a lot for the last week so it makes me even more excited because he is too.  :)  Silly I know, but I really think he is going to be good at this and even if he isn't I know that he is going to have fun.  I need to get my butt in gear and get him some new tennis shoes and a glove and considering he needs that Saturday I will have to do it tomorrow.  :)

He will also be starting Pre-K!  He goes back the first of September and that he is NOT excited about.  He wants the same teacher he had last year and I told him that he couldn't have her because she taught the 3 year olds and he is a big boy and has to go to the next grade.  I have been trying to explain to him that his teacher this year might be nicer than his teacher last year...he is not convinced.  The good thing is I know he will like his teacher so I am not worried about it.  Once he meets her I know he will be excited too.

Andrew's behavior has also improved so I am feeling relieved.  I was really starting to doubt myself as a mother.  If I can't handle toddler/preschool years how in the world am I going to do teenage years?  Thankfully after much praying and talking it out I have been staying consistent with my punishments and I have noticed a huge improvement over the last week.  Hopefully I will continue to stay strong and consistent and Andrew will continue to improve and not feel the need to push back so hard with me.

I hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

Melissa Sharon said...

t-ball is so much fun! We just had our last game tonight, and my 4 year olds had so much fun. Not much baseball was played this season, but they learned a ton about being on a team and working together. Have fun!

Candace said...

Found your blog on bloggy moms... You have such a cute blog!
-Candace http://cbbaby.blogspot.com

J. At Your Service said...

Very cute blog! I can't seem to find a cute layout like this! Im your newest follower!
www.jatyourservice.blogspot.com